- Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5, was last seen at her Fayetteville, North Carolina home by her mother at 5:30 a.m. on November 10, 2009. Her mother called police to report the disappearance and an AMBER Alert was issued. The first arrest in the case came when the boyfriend of Shaniya's mother, Clarence Coe, was arrested for kidnapping the child. Police said a witness had observed Coe leaving the area with the child. However, the next day, an employee at a Sanford, North Carolina hotel called authorities stating he thought he had seen Shaniya with a black male at the hotel. Police went to the hotel, but the suspect had left the area. Authorities were able to view surveillence video that showed the suspect with Shaniya and carrying her in his arms. The next day they took Mario Andrette McNeil, the individual believed to be on the video with Shaniy, into custody and charged him with kidnapping. The next day authorities arrested Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, charging her with human trafficking, felony child abuse - prostitution, resisting a police officer, and filing a false report. Police were given a tip on the afternoon of Monday November, 16 that led them to Shaniya's partially clad body. She had been dumped off the side of the road. As of this writing no one has been charged with her murder.
Source: No Murder Charge Yet in Girl's Death, WRAL.com, Last Accessed: 11.17.2009.
- A'dryn Drummond missing from Williamsport, Pennsylvania was located unharmed on 10.08.09. Her alleged abductor, Johnnie Drummond is in custody.
- Angel Miguel Perez, 1 month, was reported abducted from a parked car. His mother told police she left Angel in the vehicle with the engine running outside of the post office. She ran inside and mailed her items when she came out her son was gone. A witness saw a black woman running across the parking lot with the a baby. An AMBER Alert was issued for South Carolina. Contact numbers and an e-mail contact address was set up to filter tips. The FBI offered a reward. The phone numbers helped because two tips led to the identity and location of baby Angel and the suspect, Andrea Samone Walker, 19. According to police, Walker showed up at the home of an acquaintance with baby Angel. She/He became suspicous and looked to the Internet for current AMBER Alerts, found Angel's AMBER Alert, and called police. Walker was taken into custody without incident and Angel Perez was reunited with his mother and father Wednesday morning after he was medically cleared.
Source: Hazel Veta, Baby, Mom Reunited; Teen Suspect in Custody, Live5News.com, Last Accessed: 11.25.09
- Mitchell Romero, 3, missing from Denver City, Texas died in an automobile accident in Mexico in November 2009. His father, Mario Romero, is still wanted for the murder of Mitchell's mother.
- Tara Renee Simhiser, 17, from Topeka, Kansas was located located unharmed on 10.22.09. Her alleged abductor, 21-year-old Rojelio Hernandez was taken into custody.
- Somer Renee Thompson, 8, from Orange Park, Florida was located deceased in a Georgia landfill on 10.21.09.
- Hailey Traynham, 2, was allegedly abducted by her father, Gary Traynham, on November 9, 2009 after he assaulted Hailey's mother. An AMBER Alert was activated for Maine, Vermont, and finally New Hampshire. A hunter spotted the truck described in the AMBER Alert late on the evening of November 10. Traynham and his daughter were sitting in the truck deep in the woods in Milton, New Hampshire. The hunter approached the truck and finally talked Traynham into surrendering to authorities. He accompanied the hunter to a nearby house where authorities were called. Traynham was taken into custody and Hailey was returned to her mother.
Source: Hunter Finds Kidnapped Toddler Safe in N.H. Woods, WBZTV.com, Last Accessed: Novemeber 10, 2009.
- Haley Willett from Owensboro, Kentucky was located unharmed on 09.27.09 in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. Her alleged abductor, Archie Whalen is in custody.
- Jarez Wilson, Jr., 15 months was foribly taken by his father, Jarez Wilson, from his Omaha, Nebraska home on the morning of December 24, 2009. Police quickly located the rental car used in the abduction using the vehicle's "On-Star" feature; however, the car was empty. A few hours later Jarez was located and was checked out by emergency services. The abductor, Jarez Wilson is still at large as of this writing.
Source: AMBER Alert Canceled: Child Located, Suspect At-Large, KETV.com, Last Accessed: 12.24.09
A blog that tries to inform others about at least a few of the hundreds, if not thousands, of missing children and adults in America. If you have a loved one missing, and would like me to add their story here, please contact me a.s.a.p.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Posted by Nancye1962 at 3:49 PM
The information posted here came from Webshot-
Case Type: Lost, Injured, Missing... DOB: May 10, 1962... Sex: Male... Missing Since: Aug 30, 1976... Race: White...Age Now: 45... Height: 5'4"... Weight: 110 lbs...Missing From: MIAMI, FL, USA... Hair: Blonde... Eyes: Blue...Paul's photo is shown age-progressed to 44 years. He went missing on August 30, 1976 while visiting relatives in Miami, Florida. Paul may have been attempting to travel back home to Connecticut when he disappeared. His left hand was taped due to an injury
.Still Missing......................... Contac t: East Hartford, Connecticut Police Department 860-528-4401 or Miami-Dade County, Florida Police Department 305-471-8477 ........................................ ....................................Paul Allard went missing on the 30th August 1976. He was 14 years old... Paul has blue eyes and blond hair. He has a scar on his right hand... At the time of his disappearance Paul had an injured hand. His hand was dressed, prior to his disappearance his doctors had decided to amputate two of his fingers... Paul was on holiday with relatives in Miami at the time of his disappearance -
He had previously made contact with his mother in Connecticut, as he wanted to return home. His mother made arrangements for his uncle to go and fetch him. Upon the uncle's arrival, Paul had disappeared.
Paul was last seen walking near 112th Avenue, on Bird Road in Miami. There are very few details available in respect of what happened to Paul, investigating officers think he might have attempted to hitch-hike to Connecticut, and was subsequently abducted.
Children do not just disappear into thin air - if you have any information about what happened to Paul Allen Allard please contact the investigating offices of:...East Hartford, Connecticut Police Department 860-528-4401 or Miami-Dade County, Florida Police Department 305-471-8477
Posted by Nancye1962 at 3:24 PM